National Sales Opportunity in Financial Services
Vice President, Advanced Sales Consulting
Location: 7755 Third Street North, Oakdale, MN 55128
The VP, Advanced Sales Consulting will manage a small team of specialists (generally attorneys) supporting our network of independent financial professionals as they work with their clients and prospects in the areas of estate, business and retirement planning.
This VP position will interact with Advisor Group senior sales and marketing staff concerning various advanced sales concepts and sales strategies, and the company's position on these strategies. The successful candidate will also serve as an internal resource to Advisor Group associates concerning the mechanics, tax attributes, and suitability of advanced sales strategies in the areas of estate, business and retirement planning. The position requires strong consultative skills and an ability to assist financial professionals with sales ideas, prospecting techniques, overcoming sales objections, plan design options and determining the best approach to closing sales opportunities, including developing strategies for point of sale meetings.
The Vice President, Advanced Sales Consulting will report to Advisor Group's SVP, Product Sales Support. Our selected candidate will regularly interact with the Product Sales Team, Advisory Sales Team, Financial Planning, Compliance, Supervision, Legal, and numerous home office departments across the country.
- Identify and target sales opportunities within Advisor Group's existing network of financial professionals
- Assist financial professionals with strategic sales ideas and competitive product positioning
- Participate in all scheduled training and educational workshops, events, webinars, study groups, etc.
- Provide sufficient follow up with event participants in an effort to establish a professional business relationship and ultimately deliver upon additional sales
- Interface with Partner Firms and ensure adequate access has been provided
- Provide financial professionals with guidance as to best-in-class solutions and resources from our Partner Firms
- Expand Advisor Group's presence in the industry by advocating for the resources, tools, services, and support we provide our financial professionals
- Accept calls from financial professionals pertaining to general advanced sales products and topics, such as:
- Domestic Partner Arrangements
- Estate & Charitable Planning
- Long-Term Care Planning
- Non-Qualified Benefit Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Small Business Strategies
- Special Needs Planning
- All other duties as assigned
- JD degree is preferred.
- CPA designation combined with a Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' experience working in advanced sales at a product provider, independent broker-dealer, or independent RIA will be considered. Minimum of Bachelor's degree combined with CPA designation is required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the securities industry with a working knowledge of most securities and insurance product categories, including:
- Mutual Funds
- Variable Annuities
- Alternative Investments
- Life Insurance
- Fixed and Equity Indexed Annuities
- FINRA SIE designation required.
- Must understand the financial services industry and have the ability to advise Advisor Group Sales and Marketing leaders on industry and regulatory trends which may affect company policy concerning advanced sales strategies and concepts.
- Must have a strong understanding of advanced sales concepts and strategies including general tax planning, estate planning, uses of trusts, business continuation, Social Security, and qualified and nonqualified retirement plans.
- Must be very effective in communicating and explaining these strategies with strong written and verbal skills, and the ability to communicate well in front of a group, and to individuals in-person and remotely.
- Must be able to effectively manage a small team within a larger organization while being an individual contributor to that team
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, achieve goals, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple computer software programs, including proprietary and licensed program packages
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate new ideas and concepts to colleagues at various levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain high standards and measures while working with deadlines
- Ability to travel 25%
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred.