Sr. System Engineer
Securities America, Inc. La Vista, NE
The primary responsibilities for this position are to engineer and administer assigned primary and secondary competencies such as virtual, network, disk array or database environments. Additional duties include performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting and expert level skills in security analysis, implementation and design of the engineer’s primary and secondary competences.
- Bachelors degree in computer related field and 5 years of experience in a system engineering equivalent position
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- 5 years’ experience with Linux environments with good scripting knowledge.
- 5 years’ experience at an engineering level of LAN & WAN network design, administration, load balancing, patching and monitoring
- 5 years’ of expert level knowledge in two of the following subject matter areas: VMware, networking devices (routers, switches and firewalls), SAN management.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory, IIS, Tomcat and IPSec
- Expert experience of troubleshooting network issues
- Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to build and maintain server and network hardware
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform basic network troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze problems and identify alternative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple projects and team members
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Performs all duties associated with the engineer’s primary and secondary competences for on-call support and perform configuration tuning as necessary for the Production, Test, and Development platforms.
- Designs and documents standard system installations and integration. Ensures that any previous documentation is updated with new changes.
- Ensures that all supported systems are highly reliable, secure, and performing at acceptable levels. Performs root cause analysis of outages and ensures they are repaired.
- Reviews any new O/S patches or releases that would improve performance or are recommended by the vendor.
- Continually enhances alarming and system monitoring for servers and network.
- Aids in the research, development and deployment of new technologies and multi-vendor integration. Assists in ordering, planning, and creating integration plans for installing new hardware as required.
- Provides security analysis and implementation
- Designs, implements and maintains a consistent backup and disaster recovery plan
- Ensures timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network/VMware/phone or database upgrades and new configurations
- Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new infrastructure hardware and operating systems for voice and data communication networks
- Assists in developing ongoing security strategy
- Provides strategic design, enhancement, and troubleshooting for all of Securities America owned network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, and load-balancing devices)
- Develops system engineering standards and procedures for core competencies
- Performs various projects and tasks assigned by manager
- Mentor other team members on system engineering job duties
| Date Posted
November 21, 2018
| Date Closes
December 21, 2018
12325 Port Grace Boulevard
| Located In
La Vista, NE
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
15-1032.00 Computer Systems Engineers / Architects
This job requires the following skills
- Programming / Analysis / Design
- Unix / Linux Shell Script
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position