With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for a new Branch Manager to over see all aspects of a branch, including accountability for the branch’s financial performance, client growth, retention, and satisfaction, operational efficiency, branch facilities, and adherence to policies and procedures. An ideal Branch Manager will possess 3 or more years banking experience, previous leadership experience, and be highly organized with strong communication skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of accountability for all branch operations, security and facility related matters.
- Develops a strong team within the branch. Selects, interviews, hires, and continuously develops new staff. Effectively evaluates individual team member performance and actively works to grow talent for long-term contribution to the bank. Measures individual and branch production, operational compliance, and profitability to goals and expectations. Partners with HR on recruiting and collaborates with Supervisor and HR to ensure that all employee relations are addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with the ANB leadership competencies.
- Translates area goals to individual team contributors. Manages production activities and helps to achieve branch sales goals through effective management of sales and referral opportunities. Consistently achieves and maintains branch goals in production, expense control, fee income, and operational efficiencies
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with clients and the community. Ensures client needs are consistently met in a courteous and professional manner by the entire Community Banking team.
- Support other departments of the bank, including Commercial Banking, on an agreed upon as needed basis.
- Ensures the branch is running in an operationally sound manner. Is responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory monthly and annual audit ratings and certifications. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and uses discretion and judgment as needed to administer the bank’s policies, operating procedures, and services; as well as all current marketing and advertising promotions. Ensures that information is disseminated to team and that business is conducted in accordance with such goals, policies, and procedures. Oversees and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Continuously possesses the ability to confidently and effectively perform all branch transactions including but not limited to opening and processing new accounts, referrals, and running a teller drawer as client traffic and branch scheduling demands. Responsible for making sure that each branch employee balances at the close of each business day and all monies are secured in line with established policies and procedures. Assists and/or manages the vault balancing and all related accounts maintaining inventory of checks, money orders, and other negotiable items in the branch area.
- Community leadership.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintain employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintain transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
Experience and Education
- Three to five years of experience in banking as an individual contributor, required.
- Two years of teller related experience, required.
- Two to three years of client service and sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred.
- Previous people management experience, highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Strong passion for customer service, continuously striving for best in class service.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions is must.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and is highly organized.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific goals and leadership competencies necessary for this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- The ability to travel throughout the work day among branch locations in the area as needed.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the Bank’s organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.