Why Do More at ANB?
With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The BSA Analyst will have a strong background in financial analysis, data management, and an in-depth understanding of the banks financial crimes system. The BSA Analyst will play a crucial role in analyzing and interpreting complex data that supports the Bank’s compliance with regulations and internal policies.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize advanced analytical techniques to analyze large volumes of financial data and transactional records for anomalies, suspicious patterns, and potential cases of financial crimes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement data-driven strategies to mitigate financial crime risks and enhance fraud detection capabilities.
- Maintain and optimize the organization's financial crime detection system [Verafin], ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews to document the performance of BSA and fraud related investigations.
- Monitor and assess changes in regulations and industry trends related to financial crimes, staying up-to-date with emerging risks and mitigation techniques.
- Collaborate with the BSA management on procedure and process enhancements as well as identifying training opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of predictive models and machine learning algorithms to improve the accuracy of fraud detection systems.
- Provide guidance to junior analysts and team members, sharing insights, best practices, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and assessments related to financial crime prevention, responding to inquiries from internal and external auditors as needed.
- Lead/Assist in AML/CFT/OFAC Risk Assessment process. Provide input to management on control and technology weaknesses to ensure Bank wide BSA/AML/OFAC compliance.
- Critically challenge and evaluate the BSA/AML risks and available technologies/solutions/data input and structure to continually strengthen and evolve the program to meet changes in risk profile and emerging risks.
- Identify areas of significant risk and/or systemic issues and make process improvement recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement data-driven strategies to employ oversight and monitoring activity outside of the automated transaction monitoring system.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- 1+ year experience as data analyst or similar role within the financial services industry.
- Verafin or other AML monitoring system experience preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in financial field, Criminal Justice, Data Science, Business Analytics, or a related field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Preferred: CAMS, CFCS or related AML/Fraud certification
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- General knowledge of bank operations.
- Knowledge of relevant BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) regulations and industry standards such as AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer), and OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) requirements.
- Strong understanding of various financial crimes, including fraud schemes, money laundering techniques, and regulatory compliance.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and their application in financial crime detection is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to think critically and make sound decisions based on complex data.
- Strong communication skills to present findings, insights, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including Word/Excel/Power Point as well as other banking software systems such as FIS, Jack Henry and Verafin.