With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for a new Branch Manager to over see all aspects of a branch, including accountability for the branch’s financial performance, client growth, retention, and satisfaction, operational efficiency, branch facilities, and adherence to policies and procedures. An ideal Branch Manager will possess 3 or more years banking experience, previous leadership experience, and be highly organized with strong communication skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of accountability for all branch operations, security and facility related matters.
- Develops a strong team within the branch including the following: selecting, interviewing, hiring and continually developing new staff; evaluating individual team member performance and to grow talent for long-term contribution to the bank.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with clients and the community, ensuring client needs and considerations are met in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures the branch is running in an operationally sound manner by maintaining satisfactory monthly and annual audit ratings and certifications.
- Translates area goals to individual team contributions managing production activities and helping to achieve branch goals through effective management of sales and referral opportunities.
- Continuously possesses the ability to effectively perform all branch transactions including but not limited to: opening and processing new accounts, referrals, running a teller drawer, assisting or overseeing the daily vault balancing, and maintaining accounts and inventory of branch items.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Partners with Human Resources in recruiting new talent, training and onboarding of new employees, performance management, employment relations, and employee career development.
Experience and Education
- Three to five years of experience in banking as an individual contributor, required.
- Two years of teller related experience, required.
- Two to three years of client service and sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred.
- Previous people management experience, highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Strong passion for customer service, continuously striving for best in class service.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions is must.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and is highly organized.