With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations, and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role.
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage.
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
Under supervision, acts a liaison between loan officers and processing, underwriting, and closing. Supports the loan officers in all technical aspects, including with documents and forms, taking loan applications, monitoring regulatory changes, and working with individual loan problems. Interacts with Realtors and other external referral sources as a secondary contact for communications when the loan officer is not available. Provides marketing support for the loan originator. Ensure origination compliance processes are met and appropriately documented. Responsible for compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) by obtaining and maintaining a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) registration and unique identifier number. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support to loan originators with customers in matters pertaining to the loan origination function. Assists loan officers by monitoring loan status through close. Acts as a liaison between the loan officer, underwriters, processors and closing. Assist loan officer in the resolution of issues that arise pertaining to the processing and closing of the loan.
- Provides technical support and expertise to loan officers in resolving customer issues, needs or concerns to enhance timely and effective customer service and promote efficient loan closings.
- Understands and keeps current on internal operations to provide excellent customer service. Puts files in stacking order and submits to operations within receiving time limits. Sets expectations with borrowers on trailing mail and may assist in documentation needs as situations arise.
- May assist loan officer with calls to potential or existing customer to develop new business or retain existing business. May assist the loan officer with the preparation of presentations at branches, at real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer’s seminars, or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Assist loan officers with promotions to improve the Bank’s image in the marketplace.
- Provides high level of service to all customers, both internal and external. Recognizes the loan product as part of the total customer relationship. Works to refer or cross-sell other products and services. Demonstrates good communication and listening skills throughout the loan process.
- Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards. Performs all duties in accordance with bank policy (s). Assure all activities performed and files assisted are in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices.
- Proactively communicates services and/or business issues to Loan Officer to ensure timely appropriate resolution. Exercises absolute integrity and confidentiality in all dealings with customer and/or prospects. Identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide services that meet their needs.
Experience and Education
- 3 years residential lending, origination or processing experience preferred.
- Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of overall bank operations.
- Knowledge of mortgage business and terminology, documentation, and filing requirements.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner. A “team player” attitude is essential.
- Knowledge of MS office, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organized and prioritize with attention to detail.
- Ability to use good judgement in making decisions and solving problems.