Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for BSA Compliance Specialist II. This position will perform a variety of duties to assist BSA Management with compliance to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act and other Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
This position requires understanding and adherence to confidentiality of bank employee information and customer information. Responsible for timely completion of all required training applicable to the position effective application of training in the performance of the position. Position requires ability to stay abreast of BSA/OFAC regulations as well as changing money laundering and suspicious activity at the local, state, national and global levels.
Will be responsible for recognizing and researching potential issues pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), transaction alerts, 314(a) requests, Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and review of higher risk customers, and other assigned tasks.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and make decisions on transaction monitoring alerts designed to detect potential money laundering, terrorist financing, drug trafficking, and various types of fraud and illegal activity.
- Reviews and researches internally generated reports on a daily basis to gather information (transactions greater than $10,000) in order to file Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs). Uses judgment and BSA knowledge determine when to file all required CTRs accurately and timely.
- Annually reviews and determines accurate list of exempted businesses for BSA Officer and in accordance with Financial Crime Enforcement Network (FINCEN) guidelines. Researches 314A requests from FINCEN. Research list (names, aliases and SSN) of “person of interest” that various government agencies are searching for. Conducts various searches of ANB systems, prepare proper documentation and applicable response to the FINCEN as required.
- Member of the SAR Committee; provides input to Committee on any suspicious activity found and whether a SAR should be completed and provide supporting rationale as to why the Bank is filing the SAR. Prepare accurate SARs; Files government CTR’s and SAR’s based on current regulation.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of garnishments and levies, laws for states of Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa as well as understand jurisdiction of other states. Reviews, prepares, researches, and submits garnishments and levies and serve as backup for summons and subpoenas research. Withdraw money from customer accounts based on directive of legal action taken and place funds in cashier check. Send letter to customer along with the debtor to inform them funds were withdrawn.
- Completion of enhanced due diligence reviews on higher risk type customers in order to evaluate customer activity which may include comparing customer activity to peer.
Duties may include all or some of the responsibilities listed below.
Alert/SAR/Enhance Due Diligence Duties
- Research, analyze, and investigate potentially suspicious Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) activity based on a variety of monitoring system generated alerts.
- Use available research tools (public internet sources as well as third party sites) to identify information concerning transactions warranting further investigation as a case.
- Maintain a current understanding of BSA/AML regulations and FinCEN guidelines relative to Suspicious Activity Monitoring and Reporting as well as current money laundering/terrorist financing schemes and risk typologies, and investigative techniques required to detect such schemes and typologies.
- File SARs and CTRs per regulatory guidelines, meeting filing deadlines.
- Complete enhanced due diligence for clients identified as high risk.
- Communicate with branch and department managers, in researching and investigating cases.
- Assist in the development, update, and review of BSA procedures.
Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of overall bank operations, Bank Secrecy Act.
- Knowledge of the BSA, USA Patriot Act, FinCEN guidance and all related regulations.
- Ability to compile complex data into meaningful reports for management.
- Strong investigative skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications including Word/Excel/Power Point as well as other banking software systems such as FIS, Jack Henry and Verafin.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work by designated due dates.
- Required to work well in a team and individually to accomplish all assigned tasks
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: CAMS Certification