With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Lead Teller maintains an accurate record of all cash exchanges and balancing of the vault to include ordering and tracking required levels of cash and orders of cash from the Federal Reserve Bank. They are responsible for timely completion of branch certification, serves as role model for new staff, right-hand for branch manager, and provides direction on the teller line and approval or over-ride authority for transaction and cash disbursement.
Schedule: 40 hours with rotating 8 hour shifts Monday – Friday 7:15 – 6:15 and Rotating Saturdays 8:15 – 12:15 (½ day during the week if working a Saturday)
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently provides high quality client service while effectively processing transactions and supporting sales.
- Maintains accurate records of all cash exchanges and balancing of the vault to include ordering and tracking required levels of cash.
- Responsible for timely completion of branch certification.
- Provides direction to the teller line and approval or over-ride authority for transaction and cash disbursement.
- Records all transactions, prepares daily settlements of teller cash, and proofs transactions according to branch procedures.
- Processes transactions for various bank products and services including the following: deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier checks, money orders, and credit card cash advances.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing, and typing.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of one year of demonstrated cash handling experience, preferably in a Teller role.
- Basic knowledge of branch operations; related experience may be considered.
- Previous lead or supervisor experience, preferred.
- Previous sales experience, preferred.
- In pursuit of a high school diploma or its equivalent is required.