With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Private Banking Team Lead is responsible for managing and providing operational and sales guidance to a team of Private Bankers to build consumer loan and deposit business for high net worth, Private Banking clients.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Continuously support each Private Banker through coaching to establish goals and develop action plans to meet and exceed goals. Monitor results and coach for improved performance. Track and recognize selling and maintenance efforts on the part of individual team members and track overall department goals. Provide the proper opportunities for training of Private Bankers. Continuously fosters a culture within the team in alignment with ANB’s leadership competencies. Ensure Bankers are properly monitoring portfolios for weaknesses through annual and interim monitoring, keeping current with ticklers and periodic reviews.
- Manage the sales of Private Banking Services. Develop and deliver on plans to sell and market new and existing services for the Private Banking division. Provide market feedback resulting from the sales effort while providing insight into the style and substance needed as well as the vehicles used and timing. Gather and summarize feedback from the market regarding the need for and quality of the bank’s products and services as well as need for new services.
- Assess competition and formulate responses as needed. Formulate and continually evaluate Private Banking Policy, recommending change or changing the policy as appropriate. Act as chair of the Senior Loan Committee, reviewing credits prior to submission, setting the agenda, and reviewing minutes.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintain employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintain transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
- Develops and maintains client relationships by engaging the resources of other parts of the organization to provide meaningful and personalized service.
- Grows client net revenue annually in core product areas. Achieves deposit and loan volume goals, approves loans, and sells additional fee-based services.
- Creates sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth and to acquire new target clients within different sectors.
- Generates leads and develops prospects and network to identify referrals to new clients. Presents and communicates to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood.
- Serves as the client’s advocate and trusted advisor (primary contact) for strategic advice on financial matters. Manages client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf; ensures financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives.
- Ensures all client inquiries and problems are resolved effectively and helps team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Five - seven years of progressively complex customer-facing financial services experience is required; more than ten years of customer service experience preferred.
- Three years of managerial experience is preferred.
Education, Licenses & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/related field or equivalent work experience is required.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Client facing experience, preferably in the financial services industry. Strong knowledge of banking and credit products.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of meeting deliverables and commitment to the continuous development.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.