With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Bankcard Manager helps set the strategic direction for American National Bank’s Bankcard Division to ensure the Division is achieving and exceeding all budgeted goals with a focus on high profile Bank clients and their relationship managers. This position helps set and implement best methods to enhance bank use, customer activation, and income opportunities relating to Bankcards. This position will manage all aspects of the line of business and align with other business units to ensure objectives are consistent with Retail and Commercial Banking Strategy. This position will successfully lead a team of Specialists that handle the day-to-day Bankcard responsibilities while ensuring superior client service in handling fraud, disputes, and general card processing needs.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of ATM/ITM, and Credit/Debit Card operations using knowledge of various systems that include Visa, NETS, Shoreline, and ITI. Supervise ATM/ITM Manager who in turn will manage ATM/ITM/Debit Card contracts, vendor relationships, and cash levels. Work closely with the Bank Card Product Manager who will manage the Vantiv and MasterCard vendor relationship. Maintain awareness of industry changes and apply industry best practices.
- Daily management of department staff. Select, train, appraise performance, and administer salaries of reporting employees. Supervises and participates in the daily operational activities. This includes Bank Card Specialist that has knowledge of all aspects of both Debit and Credit Card Rules and Regulations. This will also include an ATM Manager that will manage the daily implantation and operation of our ATM/ITM Reg. E management: disputes, regulations, documentation, customer interaction, and training of internal department and bank-wide staff.
- Act as liaison with bank retail and commercial management to promote credit & debit services/usage and provide applicable knowledge of system capabilities. Ensures quality service and effective operations support for all internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with Bank Security Officer on security and fraud of ATM/ITM and the Credit/Debit Card industry. Implements proper business controls and directions to staff to minimize loss exposure.
- Analyzes trends for ATM’s/ITM’s and Credit/Debit/ATM Cards to improve efficiency and service levels.
- Work with the ATM Manager to look at profitability analysis of ATM/ITM locations and contracts and development of potential ATM locations.
- Remain current on all applicable rules and regulations.
- Establishes and manages budgets related to ATM, Credit and Debit Card.
- Develops, maintains, updates, and implements applicable policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintains employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintains transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
Experience and Education
- 1-3 years of related experience as an individual contributor who is transitioning into a leadership role for the first time OR
- 4-7 years of related experience and 3-5 years leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of banking operations and specialized knowledge of Reg. E, Reg Z and Fair Lending Act.
- Superior capabilities in executing strategies and tactics for credit card products and services. Strong ‘end-to-end’ product development and product management processes and disciplines.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures.
- Skilled in operating various types of office equipment such as: computer terminal and various software, personal computer, adding machine, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Clear and articulate communicator with strong personal presence who establishes credibility with audiences inside and outside the bank in both written and oral manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize with attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple job tasks at one time.
- Ability to work under time constraints with minimal error.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to accurately compare data from two sources and locate discrepancies.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations to include Reg. E, Reg. Z, Reg. GG and others relating to job responsibilities.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to assist employees in a courteous and professional manner and answer all questions relating to Reg. E., Reg. Z and Fair Lending Act.