Senior Internal Auditor
With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Senior Internal Auditor for testing internal controls and perform complex analytical work in some of the following areas: financial reporting, compliance with consumer protection regulations, banking operations, fraud prevention, BSA/AML/OFAC and information technology. The Sr. Auditor will gain a high-level understanding of the organization including the interactions of various business operations, financial reporting, and compliance activities. The Auditor will also be exposed to management and banking theory and processes which will assist with their overall development as an auditor.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform testing to validate the effectiveness of control activities under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit or Project In-charge. Following testing procedures outlined in the audit testing programs. Assist with the development of audit work programs including recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing procedures. Prepare audit work papers that clearly document testing procedures performed according to department standards. Document testing performed in a manner that allows individuals who did not participate in the testing to clearly understand the objectives, scope, and results of testing.
- Prepare written summaries of testing performed and results including a clear description of any exceptions or policy/procedure violations noted in testing.
- Assist the Audit Director (or Project In-Charge) by conducting research or other administrative functions to assist with audit planning, monitoring, tracking and reporting the status of audit activities and management’s corrective action plans. Assist with the preparation of work papers and gathering of documentation to support external financial audits and regulatory exams. Perform other administrative functions as necessary to assist the Audit Director in completing internal audit plans or other department duties.
- Assist in training new and developing team members and guide department work.
- May provide input in department strategy, goals and operations.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 7 years of auditing experience required, auditing experience in banking or related environment is preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in a Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- General Knowledge of bank operations.
- General understanding of internal controls, accounting procedures, or banking regulations is preferable
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Core Banking software preferred.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as: personal computer, copy machine, adding machine and fax.