With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for a new Network Engineer to assist in analyzing and designing appropriate network and UC infrastructure solutions to enable a superior experience for our employees and customers. This individual will play a key role in the deployment of long-term network and voice strategies and technical architecture as well as short-term scope for small initiatives. This position requires the ability to transform conversations into business requirements which in turn will become project plans and deliverables. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of experience with Cisco networking and unified communication platforms and also have strong communication, client relation and documentation skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, install, maintain and support Cisco network equipment including routers, switchers, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Design, install, maintain and support Cisco UC equipment including CUCM, UCCS, Unity, and video conferencing solutions.
- Provide recommendations to lines of business regarding network and UC solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee 3rd party vendor site visits and work.
- Install and support voice and data connectivity at all locations.
- Develop, document, and adhere to UC and network standards and layout.
- Troubleshoot end user reported issues with network or UC services and equipment. This includes both American National Bank equipment and carrier services such as PRIs, MPLS, ELAN, and SIP.
- Provide support for moves, adds, and changes for end users as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with Cisco networking and unified communication platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with major course work in computer science, business administration or related field.
- CCNA Voice and/or CCNA Routing and Switching certifications preferred.
- Cisco Network and UC experience required.
- Experience working with various vendors, especially carriers.
- Familiarity with following concepts:
- Network and UC infrastructure design practices based on the gathering of technical and business requirements.
- Disaster recovery planning experience.
- Technical site audits or “discovery” processes.
- Routing and switching best practices and concepts.
- Voice over IP telephone concepts, protocols, and standards, including h.323, SIP, SCCP, and MGCP.
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN/Wireless protocols, standards and best practices.
- Firewall configuration best practices.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring solutions (e.g., SolarWinds, Netflow, etc.).
- IT operations methodology and best practice experience.
- Ability to work with clients to assist in solving problems and questions. Must be patient, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to achieve resolution within projected timeframe.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
American National Bank