With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
American National Bank is looking for a new Sr. Tax Accountant with expertise in corporate tax, complex balance sheets and income statements, GAP knowledge and other finical reporting. We offer the flexibility for this position to work between 30 to 40 hours per week and will offer competitive benefits with a good work-life balance. A candidate applying to this position should have 7+ years of related work experience; preferably in the banking industry, possess an analytical mindset and problem solving abilities. CPA is strongly preferred.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensures accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Compiles financial data for balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Ensures that projects/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets Prepares and analyzes most regulatory or compliance reports for the bank, including supporting schedules, including call reports, Y-8, Y-9, Y-10, Summary of Deposits, covenant calculations, tax incentive reporting, withholding tax compliance etc.
- Lead role on special projects under the oversight of the Controller. Ad hoc and special reports as needed by Controller and CFO.
- Coordination of the external audit work papers and external audit financial statements and FDICIA risk/control monitoring.
Experience and Education
- Requires a bachelor's degree
- CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years relatable experience required, banking industry experience preferred
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage operational insights to drive solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.