Marketing & Communications Specialist
American National Bank Omaha, NE
Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
Benefits & Perks
Benefit eligible employees will have access to the following:
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with up to 4% employer match; immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer time off
- Gym membership discount
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee banking benefits and discounts
American National Bank is looking for a new Marketing & Communications Specialist to partner with the Director of Marketing for planning, development and implementation of all Bank marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities; both internal and external. This position will also support the division by developing initiatives aligned to strategies that will increase the market’s awareness of the bank across web, mobile and email platforms. We are looking for an individual with 2 or more years of experience in a similar role, previous experience in the banking industry is highly preferred, thorough understanding of marketing elements and excellent project management and communication skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements integrated marketing plans and strategies to support the goals of the corporation.
- Assists in building the corporate brand, positioning and market share via creative direction within communication channels such as website, press releases, advertising, social media, digital marketing, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Writes, proofreads and edits marketing materials, bank collateral and internal templates to ensure accuracy of information and conformity to brand standards.
- Develops and implements tracking of marketing effectiveness and return on investment.
- Partners to develop public relations strategies, including special events and media releases.
- Plans and coordinates special events, may interface with the media using prepared and approved statements, and represents the bank in all events and activities with superior professionalism.
- Assists with coordination of tradeshow/booth requests with supporting materials, giveaways, and physical setup.
- Partner with Talent & Organizational Development to coordinate internal and external communications as needed.
- Supports business lines across markets to develop and distribute materials that promote their services and increase visibility in the community.
- Assists with creating graphic design requests for advertisements, brochures and collateral material.
- Manages and posts content for social media channels, assists in developing blog content.
- Manages and coordinates the customer newsletter, including research and development of articles, copywriting, editing and partnering on layout and design.
- Develops project plans, schedules, milestones and tracks the effectiveness and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Acts as a backup to create content, design, maintain and implement updates to the following: digital screens, websites, marquees, and email marketing.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of Marketing experience in a similar role.
- Previous banking industry experience, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, related discipline or equivalent work experience, required.
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social Media, etc.) and market research methods.
- Working knowledge of CSS, PHP and HTML, Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with general marketing knowledge and the ability to continuously learn and stay current with industry trends.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
| Date Posted
May 29, 2020
| Date Closes
June 28, 2020
| Located In
| SOC Category