This is not a remote work position. Required to work daily at Bennett branch – Council Bluffs, IA.
Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
Benefits & Perks
Benefit eligible employees will have access to the following:
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with up to 4% employer match; immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer time off
- Gym membership discount
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee banking benefits and discounts
Schedule: M-F 10:00am-7:00pm; rotating Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm.
American National Bank is looking for a new Customer Support Representative to take incoming telephone and virtual banker (ITM) inquiries and requests from customers. To be considered for this position, you should possess 1-3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a banking background and have a strong attention to details.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle telephone inquiries and requests from customers including account balance verification, telephone transfers, stop payments, loan payoffs, research requests, missing checks, explaining overdrafts and service charges and account file maintenance. Online banking maintenance, set-up, resent passwords, explain products, unlocks security questions and explains features including bill pay, E-statements, account alerts and mobile banking
- Obtain information, provide verification of deposits, research records and follow up on details to resolve matters quickly to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Handle virtual banker (ITM) inquiries and requests from customers regarding deposit and loan accounts: including accepting account deposits, making account transfers, placing stop payments, accepting loan payments, cashing checks, and completing cash exchanges while answer account, online banking and mobile banking questions as necessary.
- Identify sales opportunities of products and services to current and prospective customers.
- Take incoming request for Visa debit card file maintenance, completing requests associated to return mail and change of address file maintenance as well.
- Apply knowledge of bank regulations and CRA in daily activities.
Experience and Education
- 1-3 years of customer service experience required, preferably in a call center or banking environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as a tea member.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.