Customer Support Representative
American National Bank Council Bluffs, IA
Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
The schedule is Monday through Friday 10am-7pm with rotating Saturdays 8am-1pm.
Benefits & Perks
Benefit eligible employees will have access to the following:
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with up to 4% employer match; immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer time off
- Gym membership discount
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee banking benefits and discounts
The Customer Support Representative is responsible for providing excellent customer assistance regarding all aspects of the customer’s account(s). They will identify and pursue sales opportunities with current and prospective customers.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle telephone inquiries and requests from customers including account balance verification, telephone transfers, stop payments, loan payoffs, research requests, missing checks, explaining overdrafts and service charges and account file maintenance. Online banking maintenance, set-up, reset passwords, explain the product, unlocks security questions and explains features including bill pay, E-statements, account alerts and mobile banking. Obtain information, provide verification of deposits, research records and follow up on details to resolve matter quickly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Identify sales opportunities of products and services to current and prospective customers. Visa debit card file maintenance. Completing requests associated to return mail and change of address file maintenance.
- Apply knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. Utilize knowledge and experience while exercising discretion in resolving problems and answering questions.
Experience and Qualifications
- 1 year of customer service experience required, preferably in a call center or banking environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
| Date Posted
May 22, 2020
| Date Closes
June 21, 2020
| Located In
Council bluffs, IA
| SOC Category