Senior Enterprise Risk Analyst
American National Bank Omaha, NE
The Enterprise Risk Analyst is responsible to develop and maintain the enterprise risk assessment and new product process.
- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry’s trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Regulatory Environment – Financial Services: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Audit and Compliance Function: Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
- Auditing: Knowledge of organization’s internal audit processes, practices and methods.
- Financial Risk Management: Knowledge of tools, techniques, and strategies for understanding, quantifying, qualifying, and managing financial risk.
- Fraud Management: knowledge of and ability to employ internal controls and to enhance business strategies for the purpose of detecting, correcting and preventing fraudulent activities.
- Risk Analysis and Selection: Knowledge of practices, tools and techniques for assessing potential exposures and determining whether or not and with what conditions to offer coverage.
- Banking Operations: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of banking.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain procedures for department (audit, loan review, ERM). Develop, maintain and execute QA program for Audit and Loan Review. Develop and maintain Audit Standards. Monitor risk management best practices and make recommendations for implementation when appropriate.
- Work with Director to develop ERM framework and reporting. Working with Senior Leaders to revise and maintain Risk Appetite Statement. Identify emerging risks; communicate with Senior Leaders and assist in developing action plans to monitor and mitigate those risks.
- Establish relationships with peers at other financial institutions to assist in benchmarking. May interact with regulators.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Five to seven years’ experience in audit and/or risk management in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of IIA standards and ERM practices.
- Specialized knowledge related to vendor management, bank operations, compliance and/or risk assessments preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Professional certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Skill in operating office equipment such as: personal computer, spreadsheet and word processing software, telephone, adding machine and copy machine.
- Ability to analyze information and use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use independent thinking and judgment to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work with well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently utilize sound judgement.
| Date Posted
July 13, 2019
| Date Closes
August 12, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category