Mortgage Loan Assistant
American National Bank Council Bluffs, IA
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support to loan originators with customers in matters pertaining to the loan origination function. Assists loan officers by monitoring loan status through close. Acts as a liaison between the loan officer, underwriters, processors and closing. Assist loan officer in the resolution of issues that arise pertaining to the processing and closing of the loan.
- Provides technical support and expertise to loan officers in resolving customer issues, needs or concerns to enhance timely and effective customer service and promote efficient loan closings.
- Understands and keeps current on internal operations in order to provide excellent customer service. Puts files in stacking order and submits to operations within receiving time limits. Sets expectations with borrowers on trailing mail and may assist in documentation needs as situations arise.
- May assist loan officer with calls to potential or existing customer to develop new business or retain existing business. May assist the loan officer with the preparation of presentations at branches, at real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer’s seminars or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Assist loan officers with promotions to improve the Bank’s image in the marketplace.
- Provides high level of service to all customers, both internal and external. Recognizes the loan product as part of the total customer relationship. Works to refer or cross-sell other products and services. Demonstrates good communication and listening skills throughout the loan process.
- Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and service standards. Performs all duties in accordance with bank policy (s). Assure all activities performed and files assisted are in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA and Fair Lending Practices.
- Proactively communicates services and/or business issues to Loan Officer to ensure timely appropriate resolution. Exercises absolute integrity and confidentiality in all dealings with customer and/or prospects. Identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide services that meet their needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of overall bank operations.
2. Knowledge of mortgage business and terminology, documentation, and filing requirements.
3. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner. A "team player" attitude is essential.
4. Knowledge of MS Office, including, but not limited to, Windows, Word and Excel, Power Point.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize with attention to detail.
7. Ability to use good judgment in making decisions and solving problems.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements:
1. High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. Three years of residential lending, origination or processing experience preferred.
3. Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
| Date Posted
December 8, 2018
| Date Closes
January 7, 2019
| Located In
Council bluffs, IA
| SOC Category