ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in a company-wide planning, budgeting and forecasting process
2. Support strategic short and long-term business decisions through financial modeling and analysis
3. Analyze and report on business performance by means of: strategic review, monthly performance, product/market/customer/internal profitability, quarterly forecasting, cost control, target setting, pricing/margin analysis, etc.
4. Identify and monitor key operational / financial drivers; communicate business performance to ownership, stakeholders and management.
5. Meet regularly with business units to identify trends and capitalize on opportunities
6. Understand systems and tools. Ensure quality, accuracy and integrity of information, enabling a single source of the truth.
7. Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities in each marketplace (industry, customer, product etc.)
8. Become an integral contributor of a number of committees to help develop and establish strategic and unit business planning and connectivity
9. Develop educational excellence and diversity through active industry and BP&A involvement and development, including all forms of available training and certification (CGMA, CFP&AP, CPP etc.)
10. Various projects and duties as assigned
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of state, federal, and national banking regulations.
2. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
3. Knowledge of bank operations.
4. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
5. Ability to communicate both orally and in written form in a professional manner.
6. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
7. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
8. Must be able to operate PC, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPENTENCIES:
1. Strategic problem solving, the courage to speak up, challenge managers and hold a mirror to the business.
2. Strong communication, influencing and relationship skills with track record of presenting/translating complex financial analyses into a story
3. Technology fearlessness, advanced skills with Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical, planning or database tools
4. Strong knowledge of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles and IT systems
5. Passionate about building a new function and understanding of the business
6. Calmness in the face of uncertainty and change
7. 2 – 5 years of applicable analytical experience in Finance, Accounting or FP&A team
8. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
|Date Posted||November 9, 2018|
|Date Closes||December 9, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|