Commercial Banker II
American National Bank Minneapolis, MN
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide commercial client support in order to develop new business and increase or retain existing commercial business relationships. Interview applicants to develop information concerning their business needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Obtain and direct the analysis of all necessary client financial data. Conduct credit checks and make company visit as necessary. Make decision on loans and terms according to lending limits or provide recommendation to superior. Directs loan preparation to ensure adherence with loan policy.
- Oversee current loans and credit lines to ensure complete conformity with terms and awareness of developing trends. Provide client with routine platform banking services. Provide financial counsel to existing and prospective clients.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Commercial Banker with 1-4 years of C&I Banking Experience
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of lending business, with expertise in church/religious organizations, commercial, small business, commercial real estate, private banking and/or agricultural business as applicable to Lender level.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Strong sales skills; prospect pre-call planning, client pre-call planning, tracking all communication with prospects or clients in the CRM System, with full documentation of sales efforts, sales progress reporting and new business.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role under close supervision.
| Date Posted
November 9, 2018
| Date Closes
December 9, 2018
| Located In
| SOC Category