The Commercial Banker is responsible for developing and managing lending, deposit and other banking relationships of commercial business while operating within lending authority.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
- All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank's overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
- Personal finances are effectively managed.
- Reliable attendance is maintained.
- Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
- The effective completion of all duties as assigned.
- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industrys trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Commercial Loans: Knowledge of and ability to utilize commercial lending products to address the needs of existing or new commercial customers..
- Credit Analysis and Verification: Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
- Client Interaction: Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information. Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
- Selling & Sales Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organizations products or services. Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide commercial client support in order to develop new business and increase or retain existing commercial business relationships. Interview applicants to develop information concerning their business needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan is an acceptable risk.
- Obtain and direct the analysis of all necessary client financial data. Conduct credit checks and make company visit as necessary. Make decision on loans and terms according to lending limits or provide recommendation to superior. Directs loan preparation to ensure adherence with loan policy.
- Oversee current loans and credit lines to ensure complete conformity with terms and awareness of developing trends. Provide client with routine platform banking services. Provide financial counsel to existing and prospective clients.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- First time, or developing, Commercial Banker with 1-4 years of C&I Banking Experience
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of lending business, with expertise in church/religious organizations, commercial, small business, commercial real estate, private banking and/or agricultural business as applicable to Lender level.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Strong sales skills; prospect pre-call planning, client pre-call planning, tracking all communication with prospects or clients in the CRM System, with full documentation of sales efforts, sales progress reporting and new business.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role under close supervision.