The Customer Support Representative is responsible for providing excellent customer assistance regarding all aspects of the customer's account(s). They will identify and pursue sales opportunities with current and prospective customers.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank's overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
Personal finances are effectively managed.
Reliable attendance is maintained.
Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
The Effective completion of all duties as assigned.
1. Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industrys trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
2. Branch Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of Community Banking branches.
3. Wholesale Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, and business practices that enable financial transactions among correspondent banks, other financial services companies, major corporate clients, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
4. Banking Products: Knowledge of the products and services available through the branch.
5. Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
6. Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
7. Client Interaction: Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
8. Selling: Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action.
Leadership Competencies (For All Roles Responsible for Leading People)
1. High Ethical Standards: Role models strong ethics in personal actions and decision making; provides a sense of safety; communicates clear expectations.
2. Empowers others: Provides clear direction, yet distributes power to rely on those closest to the situation to make appropriate decisions within the scope of their role. Ensures timely and effective follow up occurs to fully address a problem or situation.
3. Fosters a sense of connection and belonging: Communicates often and openly; creates a collaborative community with a feeling of succeeding and failing together as a team; provides safety for trial and error.
4. Nurtures growth: Demonstrates commitment to ongoing training and development; shows openness to new ideas and fosters learning; Seeks and values diversity; identifies and fosters talent; continuously helps to grow personally and to develop the next-generation leader.
5. Accountable & Decisive: Holds oneself and others responsible for providing measurable, timely, cost-effective high-quality results; acts with purpose in setting priorities, choosing a direction, and delegating a task; follows through reliably with a clear sense of urgency when needed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Handle telephone inquiries and requests from customers including account balance verification, telephone transfers, stop payments, loan payoffs, research requests, missing checks, explaining overdrafts and service charges and account file maintenance. Online banking maintenance, set-up, reset passwords, explain the product, unlocks security questions and explains features including bill pay, E-statements, account alerts and mobile banking. Obtain information, provide verification of deposits, research records and follow up on details to resolve matter quickly and to the customer's satisfaction.
Identify sales opportunities of products and services to current and prospective customers. Visa debit card file maintenance. Completing requests associated to return mail and change of address file maintenance.
Apply knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. Utilize knowledge and experience while exercising discretion in resolving problems and answering questions.
Customer Support Representative II An experienced Customer Support Representative with 2-3 years of increasingly responsible experience in customer service related functions. Experience in positions of leadership roles preferred. Coach Customer Support team members by answering questions and solving problems. Completing requests associated to Vantiv Card systems, FTNI pay by phone, return mail, and change of address file maintenance.
Customer Support Lead An experienced Customer Support Representative with 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in customer service related functions. Lead or supervisory skills/experience preferred. Act as a supervisory backup and trainer for the Customer Support Team. Resolve escalated customer concerns. Completing requests associated to OFAC, Vantiv Card systems, Customer Service emails, FTNI pay by phone, return mail, lost contact, and change of address file maintenance.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
One year customer service experience.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.