The Branch Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of a branch, including accountability for the branch's financial performance; client growth, retention and satisfaction; operational efficiency; branch facilities; compliance and overall adherence to policies and procedures.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
- All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank's overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
- Personal finances are effectively managed.
- Reliable attendance is maintained.
- Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industrys trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Branch Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of Community Banking branches.
- Banking Products: Knowledge of the products and services available through the branch.
- Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
- Wholesale Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, and business practices that enable financial transactions among correspondent banks, other financial services companies, major corporate clients, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Client Interaction: Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
- Selling: Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action.
- High Ethical Standards: Role models strong ethics in personal actions and decision making; provides a sense of safety; communicates clear expectations.
- Empowers others: Provides clear direction, yet distributes power to rely on those closest to the situation to make appropriate decisions within the scope of their role. Ensures timely and effective follow up occurs to fully address a problem or situation.
- Fosters a sense of connection and belonging: Communicates often and openly; creates a collaborative community with a feeling of succeeding and failing together as a team; provides safety for trial and error.
- 4. Nurtures growth: Demonstrates commitment to ongoing training and development; shows openness to new ideas and fosters learning; Seeks and values diversity; identifies and fosters talent; continuously helps to grow personally and to develop the next-generation leader.
- 5. Accountable & Decisive: Holds oneself and others responsible for providing measurable, timely, cost-effective high-quality results; acts with purpose in setting priorities, choosing a direction, and delegating a task; follows through reliably with a clear sense of urgency when needed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of accountability for all branch operations, security and facility related matters.
- Develops a strong team within the branch. Selects, interviews, hires and continuously develops new staff. Effectively evaluates individual team member performance and actively works to grow talent for long-term contribution to the bank.
- Measures individual and branch production, operational compliance and profitability to goals and expectations. Partners with HR on recruiting and collaborates with Supervisor and HR to ensure that all employee relations are addressed in a timely manner and in accordance with the ANB leadership competencies.
- Translates area goals to individual team contributors. Manages production activities and helps to achieve branch sales goals through effective management of sales and referral opportunities.
- Consistently achieves and maintains branch goals in production, expense control, fee income and operational efficiencies
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with clients and the community.
- Ensures client needs are consistently met in a courteous and professional manner by the entire community banking team.
- Ensures the branch is running in an operationally sound manner. Is responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory monthly and annual audit ratings and certifications.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and uses discretion and judgment as needed to administer the bank's policies, operating procedures, and services, as well as all current marketing and advertising promotions.
- Ensures that information is disseminated to team and that business is conducted in accordance with such goals, policies, and procedures. Oversees and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Continuously possesses the ability to confidently and effectively perform all branch transactions, including but not limited to, opening and processing new accounts, referrals, running a teller drawer as client traffic and branch scheduling demands.
- Responsible in making sure that each branch employee balances at the close of each business day and all monies are secured in line with established policies and procedures.
- Assists and/or manages the vault balancing and all related accounts maintaining inventory of checks, money orders, and other negotiable items in the branch area.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Two years of teller related experience is required.
- Two to three years of client service and sales experience preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the related area as an individual contributor is required.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Secondary education is preferred.
- A valid state driver's license maintained in good standing.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific and leadership competencies necessary for this this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required.
- Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- The ability to travel throughout the work day among branch locations in the area as needed.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.