Jr Mtg Ln Originator
American National Bank Omaha, NE
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank's overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
Personal finances are effectively managed.
Reliable attendance is maintained.
Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
The effective completion of all duties as assigned.
Responsible for learning the mortgage origination process. Assist the assigned Mortgage Loan Originators in managing pending mortgage transactions. Learn mortgage products and develop sales skills to enable your success once promoted to Mortgage Loan Originator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successful completion of NMLS training/licensing program
- Work closely with the Residential Lending Sales Manager to learn all aspects of mortgage sales and lending while cultivating a referral base.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders, and professionals
- Interviews and explains different financing programs to mortgage loan applicants. Advises applicant in choosing the appropriate financing course and lock interest rates with secondary market investor
- Complete up front disclosures associated with loan application. Submit new loan files to mortgage operations/underwriting. Work with and customer to ensure all documentation needed is received.
- Communicates with applicants and realtors on progress of application.
- Coordinates with loan operations on the processing of applications and review the loan papers in preparation for closing. Explains and presents the documents to applicants at closing
- Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated, competitive and passionate, have a willingness to learn, work well with teammates to achieve common goals, and manage themselves to extraordinary results.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems using a systematic approach and present solutions in a convincing manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Skills in operating various office equipment such as: computer terminal, personal computer, adding machine, and copy machine.
- Ability to communicate both oral and written in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work with under pressure to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year previous sales experience preferred
- Processing or other mortgage operations experience preferred
| Date Posted
May 11, 2018
| Date Closes
June 10, 2018
| Located In
| Work At
144th & Maple
| SOC Category