The Teller is responsible for serving the needs of existing and prospective clients to include but not limited to greeting clients, delivering prompt and efficient service, and providing information about bank products and services.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
ï· All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank's overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
ï· Personal finances are effectively managed.
ï· Reliable attendance is maintained.
ï· Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
ï· The effective completion of all duties as assigned.
Job Competencies Job-Specific Competencies
1. Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industrys trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
2. Branch Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of community banking branches.
3. Banking Products: Knowledge of the products and services available through the branch.
4. Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
5. Wholesale Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, and business practices that enable financial transactions among correspondent banks, other financial services companies, major corporate clients, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
6. Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
7. Client Interaction: Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
8. Selling: Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action. Leadership Competencies (For All Roles Responsible for Leading People)
1. High Ethical Standards: Role models strong ethics in personal actions and decision making; provides a sense of safety; communicates clear expectations.
2. Empowers others: Provides clear direction, yet distributes power to rely on those closest to the situation to make appropriate decisions within the scope of their role. Ensures timely and effective follow up occurs to fully address a problem or situation.
3. Fosters a sense of connection and belonging: Communicates often and openly; creates a collaborative community with a feeling of succeeding and failing together as a team; provides safety for trial and error.
4. Nurtures growth: Demonstrates commitment to ongoing training and development; shows openness to new ideas and fosters learning; Seeks and values diversity; identifies and fosters talent; continuously helps to grow personally and to develop the next-generation leader.
5. Accountable & Decisive: Holds oneself and others responsible for providing measurable, timely, cost-effective high-quality results; acts with purpose in setting priorities, choosing a direction, and delegating a task; follows through reliably with a clear sense of urgency when needed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
ï· Consistently provides high quality client service while effectively processing transactions and supporting sales. Stays abreast of all campaigns and promotions. Cross sell products and services to current and prospective clients, refers potential business to appropriate business partners. Records all transactions and prepares daily settlements of teller cash and proofs transactions according to branch procedures.
ï· Processes deposits to savings and checking accounts. Verifies amounts and examines checks for endorsement and negotiability. Cashes checks and pays money from checking and savings accounts. Processes transactions for various bank products and services, including, safe deposit boxes, traveler's checks, money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, credit card cash advances, loan payments, etc.
ï· Fills commercial change orders. Performs clerical duties such as, answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing, typing.
Career Ladder Level Description
An experience Teller with 1-3 years of related experience. Maintains an accurate record of all cash exchanges and balancing of the vault to include ordering and tracking required levels of cash and orders of cash from the Federal Reserve Bank.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
ï· Four to six month's teller experience, or equivalent client service and/or cash handling experience.
ï· Previous Sales experience preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
ï· High School Diploma or its equivalent is required
ï· Achieves compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance regulations in day-to-day activities.