|PERSONAL FINANCES: Must have the ability to manage personal finances.
Serves as a consumer loan specialist within the bank. Performs consumer lending of all types including taking referrals for mortgage, or small commercial loans. Sells multiple financial services, to new and existing customers. Provides professional, courteous, and efficient customer service. Complements the Branch Manager to promote a team atmosphere and approach. Responsible for compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) by obtaining and maintaining a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) registration and unique identifier number. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
In addition to the employee's regular responsibilities American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Audit Committee and Management acknowledge that their influence, direction, and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is also a requirement that all employees especially Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so that all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Managements involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Specializes in all aspects of consumer lending. Sells at or above established individual sales performance levels. (40%)
2. Sells and delivers multiple deposit products and services to new and existing customers by assessing customer needs and determining which financial services can best satisfy those needs. Calls (internal and external) on current bank customers to solicit new business to meet specific goals in order to expand retail bank services. Attend community events and participate in community organization(s) to actively promote the bank. (25%)
3. Ensures all accounts are opened and loan documents are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures, proper records are maintained accurately and information is entered on appropriate systems and routed to appropriate departments. Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. (15%)
4. Develops a basic knowledge of Cash Management Services, and a thorough working knowledge of bank/branch goals, policy and procedural expertise of deposit and non-deposit products and services, and all current marketing and advertising promotions. (10%)
5. Exercises complementary responsibility for the day to day management of the branch which may include ensuring that the branch balances all transactions, physical facilities are maintained, and security, CRA and compliance policies and procedures are being followed. (5%)
1. Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned. Handles teller transactions as assigned. (5%)
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to prepare good written communication and correspondence.
2. Ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Ability to operate on-line terminal and other standard office equipment.
4. Ability to work in a sales-oriented environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School graduate or equivalent work experience.
2. Two to three year's successful consumer loan and sales experience.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) (ANC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for. You may do so by contacting the Human Resources Employment Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.