|PERSONAL FINANCES: Must have the ability to manage personal finances.
Responsible for providing excellent customer assistance regarding all aspects of their account. Sell products and services to current and prospective customers. Perform other clerical duties. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
In addition to Customer Support Representative responsibilities American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Audit Committee and Management acknowledge that their influence, direction, and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is also a requirement that Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so that all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Managements involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Handle telephone inquiries and requests from customers including account balance verification, telephone transfers, stop payments, loan payoffs, research requests, missing checks, explaining overdrafts and service charges and account file maintenance. (45%)
2. Sell products and services to current and prospective customers. Maintain current knowledge of bank products and services. (10%)
3. Online banking maintenance, set-up, reset passwords and explain the product. (10%)
4. Resolve customer problems, obtain information, verification of deposits, research records and follow up on details to resolve matter quickly and to the customers satisfaction. (10%)
5. Visa debit card file maintenance. (5%)
6. Return mail and change of address file maintenance ( 10% )
7. Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities. (5%)
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned. (5%)
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of bank products and services.
2. Knowledge of banks operational structure, policies and operating procedures.
3. Knowledge of Word, Quatro and/or Excel software.
4. Skill in operating various office equipment such as: computer terminal typewriter, telephone system, adding machine, fax, and copy machine.
5. Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. 1 year customer service experience.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) (ANC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for. You may do so by contacting the Human Resources Employment Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.