|PERSONAL FINANCES: Must have the ability to manage personal finances.
Coordinate the Reg. E and Reg. Z processing of all ATM, Debit and Credit Card disputes. Work with customers and other employees to ensure that all supporting documentation is received. Handle fraud cases, working with other employees and local law enforcement. Board and complete administration on all Consumer Credit Cards. Work closely with senior management in commercial & retail to serve our customers. We want to focus on superior service for high profile customers of the bank. This person is Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
In addition to the employee's regular responsibilities, American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Board of Directors and Management acknowledge their influence, direction and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is a requirement all employees, especially Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Management's involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Review daily exception reports and fraud alerts (OmniShield/Defense Edge/CAN/CAMs) to identify possible fraud transactions and fraud trends. Contact branch staff to verify activity with customers and prevent future losses. Place travel notices and Vantiv Hot Card notifications on customer's accounts. Apply incident response procedures to minimize impact to customers and control losses. Coordinate with law enforcement to pursue prosecution and restitution. Maintain working relationship with peer banks to help minimize fraud losses.
2. Responsible for the review and research of Vantiv's recommendations for provisional and final customer credit for Debt, ATM and Credit Card disputes using Vantiv iQ, CardStation, NETS, Director and the Internet. Determine what supporting documentation is needed to process the dispute and obtain from customers and branch staff as needed. Create and maintain an electronic file for each dispute. Ensure REG E timelines are followed for all Debit/ATM Disputes. Ensure timely mailing of provisional letters, final credit letters, follow-up letters requesting supporting information, reverse provisional credit letters and adjustments as needed. Perform Hot Cards on all confirmed fraud disputes, process posting entries which includes reimbursing customers, offsetting entries to suspense and moving losses from suspense to loss GL account. Refund NSF fees and credit interest owed. Contact other financial institutions and merchants, using the Internet as necessary for contact information. Log and update as necessary each dispute in the spreadsheets.
3. Board new credit cards in CardStation and/or Book new credit cards in Origenate to be uploaded to CardStation. Make administrative changes to accounts with appropriate approvals. Monitor reporting such as new accounts, delinquencies, non-monetary account changes, address changes and validations, and refunding of interest and fees. Complete daily DDA and GL settlements.
4. Responsible for ATM deposit monitoring utilizing NET's and Vantiv transaction research function and posting ATM return cash and new money from Rochester. Respond to ATM issues reported by branches, customers, NETs or Vantiv, which may include travel to the site. Complete monthly billing reclassification and ATM profitability report.
5. Administrative duties Track corporate fraud losses, prepare card reference journal for debit cards (total number of cards on system, old vs. new) and complete debit card cleanup of inactive cards, hot cards and cards attached to closed accounts. Monitor multiple control reports such as card limit changes and cards attached to dormant or inactive accounts to name a few. Complete journal entries on all bills to include Vantiv, MasterCard, NETs, Networks, etc.
6. Compliance certification use knowledge of Reg. E, Reg. Z, the Fair Lending Act and assigned tutorials in day to day activities.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs other related tasks and duties as directed by management to include training and supervision of departments new employees if applicable and completion of assigned projects.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of banking operations and specialized knowledge of Reg. E, Reg Z and Fair Lending Act.
2. Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures.
3. Skilled in operating various types of office equipment such as: computer terminal and various software, personal computer, adding machine, facsimile, and copy machine.
4. Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize with attention to detail.
6. Ability to perform multiple job tasks at one time.
7. Ability to work under time constraints with minimal error.
8. Ability to accurately compare data from two sources and locate discrepancies.
9. Knowledge of Federal Regulations to include Reg. E, Reg. Z, Reg. GG and others relating to job responsibilities.
10. Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and prefer working knowledge of PowerPoint.
11. Ability to assist employees in a courteous and professional manner and answer all questions relating to Reg. E., Reg. Z and Fair Lending Act.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
2. Three to five years of bank operations experience.
3. Previous accounting experience, preferably in bank operations.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) (ANC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for. You may do so by contacting the Human Resources Employment Department at email@example.com.