PERSONAL FINANCES: Must have the ability to manage personal finances.
Develop and manage lending, deposit and other banking relationships of commercial business through relationship banking while operating within lending authority. Responsible for developing commercial, small business, commercial real estate, professional/executive, construction, agricultural and/or private banking business relationships by calling on current and prospective customers. Manages such loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. Encourages customers to participate or purchase other bank services. Responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
In addition to the employee’s regular responsibilities American National Bank realizes that a cohesive Compliance Program is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations. Total bank support is required, but the Audit Committee and Management acknowledge that their influence, direction, and guidance are critical to implementing an effective Compliance Program. It is also a requirement that all employees especially Management and Officers demonstrate unequivocal support of the Compliance Program so that all bank employees understand and perceive the importance of the Compliance Program. Management's involvement will be critical to administering an effective Compliance Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Lender I handles smaller credits and basic lending relationships and assists senior lenders in handling larger, more complex loans.
Lender II handles loans of larger amounts and key bank customers. Provides subordinate lenders with functional guidance.
1. Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business. (35%)
2. Attend to the needs of present and potential customers seeking loans that may involve unsecured funds and/or credit secured by mortgages or other collateral. (40%)
a. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their businesses, needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk.
b. Obtains and directs the analysis of all necessary financial data.
c. Conducts credit checks and makes plant or company visits as necessary.
d. Makes decisions on loans and terms if within own lending limits, or makes recommendations to a superior.
e. Directs loan preparations to insure adherance with loan policy.
3. Oversees current loans and credit lines to ensure complete conformity with terms and awareness of developing trends. (10%)
4. Provides customers with routine platform services, such as approving checks for cashing or handling customer problems. Gives financial advise and counsel to customers and prospective customers. (5%)
5. Participates in community affairs to increase the bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. (5%)
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs other duties and prepares other reports, such as on problem loans as assigned by management. (5%)
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of lending business, with expertise in commercial, small business, commercial real estate, private banking and/or agricultural business as applicable to Lender level.
2. Skill in managing financial matters and business management.
3. Skill in operating office equipment such as: computer terminal, adding machine, copy machine and dictaphone.
4. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers.
5. Ability to use good judgement to make decisions.
6. Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
7. Ability to manage personal finances.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Degree in Business Administration and/or equivalent work experience.
2. (I) One to three years experience in commercial credits or credit analyst related background.
(II) Three to five year experience in commercial lending.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EO/AA: American National Corporation (including all affiliates) (“ANC”) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) employer. ANC considers applicants for all positions, and employees are treated equally during employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Federal and state law obligates us to provide reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees, unless to do so would pose an undue hardship. Please let us know if you need an accommodation to complete the application process or to perform any essential elements of the position you are applying for. You may do so by contacting the Human Resources Employment Department at email@example.com.
|Date Posted||October 2, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 1, 2017|
|Address||8990 W Dodge Road|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||13-2072.00 Loan Officers|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories