OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Patient Financial Services (PFS) Manager to lead and guide the Patient Financial Services Department.
The PFS Manager will utilize their knowledge of hospital billing and reimbursement; leadership in the core values of the organization to ensure the team meets the expected level of performance.
FTE / Hours
1.0 / 40 Hours
Mon – Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Direct ongoing programs for staff development, such as: hiring, training, modify work standards, documentation, regular communication with staff.
- Review status of patient accounts receivable to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Address inquiries with patients while providing high level customer service.
- Develop and oversee business systems and work with information technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Monitor daily operating activity of department and make necessary adjustments in work assignments.
- Develop yearly and ongoing business plans.
- Approve, coordinate, and support fiscal budgets for each unit.
- Identify statistical indicators demonstrating Revenue Cycle performance. Monitor those indicators seeking opportunities for performance improvement.
- Plan, coordinate and prepare year end audits with public accounting firms and third-party auditors as they relate to AR operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field or a combination of credentials and experience required.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a healthcare setting with a work record that demonstrates in-depth knowledge of hospital billing and reimbursement; payor contracts and upfront collection practices.
- Leadership in the core values of the organization; and knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators required.
- At least 3 years in a management position required.
- This position is classified as Light Work in the dictionary of Occupational Titles, requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (66% of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership and guidance in the area of Patient Financial Services in order to meet the expected level of performance.
- Develop strategic business plans to support the Mission, Vision and Values of Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital.
- Demonstrates continued involvement in professional growth.
- Comply with safety activities, policies and procedures and regulatory requirements such as OSHA and The Joint Commission
- Employee is responsible for all other duties as assigned for which competency has been demonstrated