The Patient Financial Services PFS Billing Assistant will assist the Patient Financial Services team with the day to day operations. With a variety of daily tasks to be completed, each day will be different than the last. This is a full-time 40 hour a week position and if you enjoy a variety in your day apply today!
What you will do in this role:
- Open and distribute mail.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and prepare deposit slips.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts and calculate daily transactions in excel.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information, such as dates, patient names, identification of the persons receiving payments, and supporting documents.
- Scan checks and supporting documents into systems and maintain appropriate filing system for computer reports.
- Maintain spreadsheets that document activity for each daily deposit with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Balance daily following department procedure for Hospital Billing, Professional Billing, and Legacy Postings.
- Research check without remittance advice to identify the patient information
- Maintain working knowledge of the Billing Office policies and procedures for accurate handling of patient accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from the Finance department in a timely manner of receiving notification of posting variance.
- Print paper claims and required supporting documentation on daily basis to be mailed.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the department
What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of cash handling experience.
- Prior healthcare and/or knowledge of medical terminology experience is encouraged.
- Strong computer skills required in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Works well both independently and in a team environment, takes ownership and responsibility for multi-faceted projects, identifies and implements methods to promote cooperation, possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to trouble shoot and reconcile data from disparate systems.