OrthoNebraska is searching for a Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department. We have a full-service ER without the usual wait and are searching for a Registered Nurse who thrives in an environment where every day is different. This part-time position is eligible for all benefits, PTO, and 401k eligible. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Formulate clinical decisions and implement multi-dimensional plans of care that demonstrate independent judgment and critical thinking consistent with private, state, and federal regulations.
- Promote and enhance collaborative practice within the health care team to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of patients.
- Demonstrate continued involvement in professional growth by developing personal education objectives and participating in professional growth opportunities to assure continued adherence to professional standards and provision of quality patient care
- Coordinate patient and family education and discharge planning.
- Collaborate with the Medical Staff and other health care providers to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Demonstrate respect for patient rights and ensures confidentiality is maintained.
- Assist in making patient assignments, coordinates admissions forecasts, and meets staffing needs for the oncoming shift.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License in Nebraska or applicable compact state required
- BLS, ACLS, & PALS required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Critical care or telemetry experience required emergency preferred
- Must have patience, self-confidence, maturity, compassion and always remain a team player with patients, physicians, and staff
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced/occasionally demanding work environment with the ability to prioritize work