OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the orthopaedic patient. As the area’s leading provider of orthopaedics, we committed to provide exceptional patient care with 24 beds, 12 operating rooms and clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. OrthoNebraska offers comprehensive care that includes both surgical and non-surgical intervention and is supported by a range of sub-specialized providers. OrthoNebraska specializes in the diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative needs of persons with musculoskeletal conditions. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and focused on high quality, cost effective care. Our staff is chosen for their experience and passion for outstanding patient care..
What you would do in this role:
- Perform initial and ongoing assessment of patients to determine ongoing nursing care needs.
- Develop, review, revise and individualize the plan of care to address the patient’s nursing care needs for optimum patient care outcome.
- Collaborate with physicians and other clinical disciplines as appropriate.
- Provide teaching specific to the patient’s health care problems.
- Implement interventions consistent with the established plan of care in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Evaluate patient care to determine response to care/interventions for optimal patient outcome.
- Monitor outcomes and document patient response to interventions.
- Evaluate the patient’s capabilities and/or limitations related to nursing and medical interventions.
- Recognize and address patient and family capabilities and limitations.
- Perform technical skills competently and independently to assure patient safety.
- Collaborate with the Anesthesia department to provide expertise in airway maintenance, pain control, and hemodynamic monitoring for the patient during the post anesthesia state.
- Knowledgeable regarding anesthetic agents, side effects, physical and emotional responses of patients and nursing implications.
- Maintain airway and initiate measures to assure respiratory function of the post anesthesia patient.
- Must be able to adapt work assignment around patient needs and staff availability.
- Initiate action to correct, prevent and/or minimize risk(s) to the patient, family member or hospital employees.
- Demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and weight of the patients served.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Registered Nursing license in Nebraska or applicable compact state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- 1-2 years perioperative, ICU or PACU experience required.
- Must have the ability to interact with patients, physicians and other team members in a collaborative manner.
- Able to communicate effectively to solve problems at the personal and unit level