OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the orthopaedic patient through our clinics and hospital. As the area’s leading provider of orthopaedics, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care with our 30 specialized providers in clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. In addition, our hospital provides physical therapy, inpatient and outpatient care and radiology services. OrthoNebraska offers comprehensive care that is supported by our specialized providers and tenured staff. We strive for an unmatched experience for the patient, provider and employee through our state-of-the-art facilities and our focus on high quality, cost effective care. Our staff takes pride in their experience and passion for providing outstanding patient care.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst with exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills who will effectively acquire, research, analyze and present data findings within a hospital and clinic setting. The Data Analyst will collaborate with leadership, physicians, and peers, to devise solutions to address constantly changing healthcare information needs. The individual will serve as the point of contact on multiple projects and tasks, while ensuring the needs of the customer are met.
What you would do in this role:
- Construct, organize, validate, maintain, and ensure integrity of data while managing large databases.
- Define, build, or development of reports and databases using a variety of tools pulling data from multiple data sources.
- Analyze, create and deliver one time and continuous production data analysis processes that include queries, tables, and reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to discover and capture data from dashboards/scorecards and use captured data to relate real world process & workflows.
- When requested, produce data from available sources and turn it into useful information for consumers to successfully achieve their business objectives or decision-making.
- Formulate knowledge through use case scenarios using healthcare data.
- Investigate and analyze outcomes in data and recognize areas for improvement.
- Analyze the key performance indicators, trends and data variances, present the findings.
- Plan, prioritize and manage multiple projects and major assignments to support long and short term organizational objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding reporting tools, methodologies, and data management approaches used to support data reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers on multiple projects/assignments, while ensuring the needs of the customer are met.
- Provides data finding and actionable recommendations using exceptional presentation skills and visualization aids.
- Educate data consumers to safeguard proper interpretation, use and communication of shared information in a comprehensible form.
- Support the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the analytics process and systems.
- Engage in efforts to improve the efficiency and value of services provided to the organization (i.e., enhancements to databases, information delivery methods, integration of disparate data sources, etc.).
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (math, economics, engineering, statistics, healthcare business, etc.) or equivalent combination of education/work experience, required.
- Previous analyst experience required.
- Microsoft Office experience including spreadsheet proficiency, word processing and knowledge of database programs is desired.
- Two years’ experience in healthcare or related industry preferred.
- Understanding of hospitals systems as well as prior experience reporting from hospital source systems, strongly preferred.
- Exposure to medical records and information management systems beneficial.
- Proven ability to analyze information, reach valid conclusions, aid in problem solving, and make sound recommendations.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment and effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to collaborate as a team with diverse groups, key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage project workflows to meet deadlines.