Inpatient Department Patient to RN Ratio:
OrthoNebraska is searching for a Registered Nurse to join our Inpatient Department. Our Registered Nurses provide expectational and personalized care to our orthopaedic patients during the journey to recovery. We take pride in the level of care our Registered Nurse provides and with low RN to patient ratios 4:1; we make customer service a focus too. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Performing initial and ongoing assessments to determine the assigned patient’s ongoing nursing care needs.
- Developing, reviewing, revising and individualizing the plan of care to address the patient’s nursing care needs for optimum patient care outcome.
- Implementing interventions consistent with the established plan of care in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Evaluating patient care to determine response to care/interventions for optimal patient outcomes.
- Performing technical skills competently and independently to assure patient safety.
- Adapting work assignments around patient needs and staff availability.
- Initiating actions to correct, prevent, and/or minimize risk(s) to the patient, family or hospital staff.
- Demonstrating the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Reporting and/or correcting potential patient safety conditions or practices.
- Supporting Performance Improvement and Patient Safety activities at the unit/organizational levels.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License in Nebraska or applicable compact state required
- BLS and ACLS required within 90 days of hire.
- 1-2 years of nursing experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Experience in orthopaedics encouraged.
- Able to communicate effectively to solve problems at the personal and unit level.
- Approachable and professional in working with other health professionals.
- Must have the ability to interact with patients, family members, physicians and other team members in a collaborative manner.