OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Medical Coder to join our team! This position is for professional coding within the hospital with an emphasis on outpatient surgery coding. The use of Casual/PRN staff will fluctuate depending on the need of the department and does not have a set and/or promised amount of hours per week. ?If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Analyze medical record documentation and accurately code and sequence diagnoses and procedures.
- Communicate with physicians when additional documentation is required in order to accurately assign diagnosis or procedure codes. e.g. insufficient, and/or conflicting documentation.
- Complete audits using the specified requirements as outlined.
- Input codes and required medical record data items.
- Collaborate with peers and supervisors to develop and implement policies and action plans for improving coding and documentation compliance.
- Maintain high level of customer service with all internal and external contacts.
- Participates in routine coder staff meetings to share information, discuss coding practices, guidelines and policies.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Coding certification through AHIMA or AAPC required.
- Certificate in Coding including CPT and ICD-10, HCPCS, Medical Terminology, Disease Processes, Anatomy & Physiology and Pharmacology required.
- Two years’ experience with professional coding in outpatient surgery preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with assigned providers.
- Work independently and with fellow team members on projects, process improvements, and day-to-day tasks.
- Must be very organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize.
- Able and willing to adapt to change in an ever-changing environment.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application