OrthoNebraska is currently searching for a Pre-Admit Registered Nurse to join our team! This position works closely with the physicians, physician offices, anesthesia and patients ensuring the patient is prepared for surgery. The Pre-Admit Registered Nurse is an important role in our patients’ journey with OrthoNebraska. If you think this might be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Maintain a high level of customer service for our external and internal customers.
- Conduct patient interviews via phone to obtain health history and specific patient needs.
- Provide patient education on anticipated expectations during the perioperative process.
- Review and assess testing results, medical history,
- Collaborate with team to ensure relevant patient medical history is communicated to appropriate staff.
- Review patients’ medical documents from medical offices, ensure information is complete and within policy of accepting the information. Request additional information when file is not complete.
- Collaborate with other departments and resources in planning and coordinating patient care.
Here’s what makes an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- RN License in Nebraska or applicable compact state required.
- 3-4 years of perioperative, intraoperative, ICU or PACU experience preferred.
- Ability to identify the specific cultural, language, learning needs of the patient.
- Strong verbal communication, organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skillset.
- Adapts to changes in patient volume and completes assignments while continuously providing OrthoNebraska’s customer service benchmarks.
- Follow all HIPAA guidelines and polices to ensure patient information remains confidential.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application