OrthoNebraska is currently searching for a Patient Financial Services Assistant Manager to join our team! This individual will provide day-to-day leadership and support to our Patient Financial Services (PFS) Department with a focus on Financial Counseling and Customer Service. The Patient Financial Services Assistant Manager will continue to foster customer service and workflow initiatives to provide the best experiences to our patients.
What you would do in this role:
- Maintain a high level of customer service for our external and internal customers.
- Provide timely feedback to staff and management regarding performance or projects and initiatives.
- Assure delivery of care that is consistent with private, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitor and supervise staffing schedule and maintain appropriate staffing levels during high volumes.
- Monitor Billing and Insurance Reimbursement workflow and facilitate specific work assignments and/or projects when needed.
- Monitor Customer Service and Financial Counseling workflow and facilitate specific work assignments and/or projects when needed.
- Monitor Work Comp workflow and facilitate specific work assignments and/or projects when needed.
- Assure billing, accounts receivable, and claims are up-to-date per the appropriate timelines.
- Serve as back up to various roles during high volumes.
- Use working knowledge of customer service when assisting with customer relations, vendor relations, communicating to other departments and other needs provided by the PFS Department.
- Communicate and train new & existing staff members on any policy, procedure or system changes.
- Perform routine department rounds to monitor the environment and provide support to staff.
Here’s what makes an ideal candidate:
- Associate degree or equivalent education/experience/credentials preferred.
- Experience in billing facility & professional fees, insurance follow up and general revenue cycle strongly preferred.
- Emphasis on third party reimbursement managed care reimbursement and contracts, and customer services required.
- 2-5 years of prior experience in a healthcare setting and working knowledge of EMR systems and PC applications.
- 1-2 years of prior lead or management experience in a medical office setting is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the proven ability to build high performing and high functioning teams.
- Excellent coaching, counseling, listening and communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application