OrthoNebraska is seeking an On-Call/PRN Vascular Sonographer to join our Imaging Department. The On-Call/PRN Vascular Sonographer is ideally available to provide coverage at least 1 week and 1 weekend a month and daytime call coverage every other Wednesday and Thursday. Total on-call hours vary. The on-call coverage is shared amongst the staff and is very flexible. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Perform quality diagnostic medical sonograms, to acquire appropriate images and accurate diagnostic information for interpretation..
- Prior to beginning the examination, assess the ability of the patient to comply with the physical requirements of the examination and explain the examination to the patient.
- Work closely with radiologists and members of the healthcare team when presenting data and images for interpretation.
- Maintain sonography equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and document results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervisor of malfunctioning equipment
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff. Adheres to safety policies.
- Share accountability and maintain adequate supplies and equipment.
- Practices sterile procedures to prevent cross-contamination
- Monitors patient's wellbeing during exams; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned by management
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology and/or School of Sonography.
- 1-2 years of related work experience preferred
- Current certification through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification within required timeframe upon hire
- Ability to manage and interact with patients and families of all age groups.
- Work experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Experience with diagnostic ultrasound equipment, EMR (Cerner) PACS, biopsy supplies, etc.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Ability to communicate effectively with referral sources and co-workers.
- High Level of Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy required
- Able and willing to adapt to change in an ever-changing environment.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application