The CT/X-Ray Technologist position provides a variety of imaging exams, radiography and CT to our Emergency, Inpatient and Outpatient departments.
** Weekend Shift Differential, Holiday Pay, Call Pay**
What you would do in this role:
- Performs quality CT/XR exams, to acquire appropriate images and accurate diagnostic information for interpretation by a supervising radiologist.
- Perform the minimal required safety evaluations on the CT and Radiographic systems by following established policies and procedures to detect problems.
- Ability to analyze and position the patient to image the required anatomy for optimal results.
- Responsible for starting IV’s on patients requiring contrast.
- Utilize special techniques as required to enhance visualization of the anatomy.
- Prior to beginning the examination, assess the ability of the patient to comply with the physical requirements of the examination and explain the examination to the patient.
- Perform the minimal required safety evaluations on the radiographic systems by following established policies and procedures to detect problems that could cause equipment to fail or pose a safety hazard to the patient / staff.
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- Graduate of an A.M.A. approved radiologic technology school.
- Minimum one year of CT imaging experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of general anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
- Specific experience and training in CT Scanning preferred.
- ARRT Certification.
- BLS Certification.
- Ability to manage and interact with patients and families of all age groups.
- Work experience in a hospital Diagnostic Imaging department setting preferred.
- Ability to obtain optimal Radiographic Images for diagnosis by Radiologist.
- Ability to work at a fast pace.
- Ability to communicate effectively with referral sources and co-workers.
- High Level of Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy required.
- Proficiency with most major CT equipment manufacturer's hardware and software (GE, Shimadzu).
- Ability to cover call and/or weekend coverage as needed
- Able to perform a variety of imaging procedures, including CT/XR procedures. Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Display a high level of confidentiality and professionalism when working with various personalities and in a team setting.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact and communicate with patients, physicians and other team members in a collaborative manner.
- Function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application