OrthoNebraska is searching for an Operations Engineer/Tech to join our Facilities Department. Our Operations Engineer/Tech utilizes their skills to provide building maintenance & upkeep, follow OSHA requirements, and assist with campus security concerns. We look to our Facility Department for assistance with coordinating projects, vendors, and provide a safe environment for our team and patients. If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you would do in this role:
- Performs ongoing cosmetic maintenance/repairs to all surfaces and finishes including tile, carpet, drywall, paint, wall vinyl, VCT, doors, hardware, various trim applications, and wall hangings.
- Performs the maintenance and upkeep of campus grounds and exterior functions.
- Assists mechanical engineer with maintenance to chillers, boilers, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Assists with tear down and re-build of mechanical equipment as needed.
- Performs general building maintenance in a timely manner and/or as assigned and has the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Position requires the understanding and ability to perform as described above in the following areas:
- Quickly able to troubleshoot problems and react in an efficient manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of Life Safety, Environment of Care, and Health Care Fire System requirements and documentation.
- Assist with after-hour campus security concerns.
- Participate in managerial and engineering process checks and takes direction accordingly.
- Be flexible with duties as assigned and re-direct priorities as needed.
- Track, report, and manage daily expectations in a Work Order tracking system.
- Flexibility when responding to on-call events, emergencies, after-hour projects and planned maintenance events.
- Present a professional appearance and work effort in all areas of the hospital, adjoining buildings and grounds.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of hospital staff, patients, patient families and vendors regarding status of submitted work orders
Here’s what makes for an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Trade school experience in a related field preferred.
- Valid operator’s license required for campus vehicle operation.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment required
- A basic understanding of building repair and maintenance is required.
- The position requires the ability through hands-on training to understand the concepts of refrigeration, electricity, plumbing, building mechanicals, drywall repair/finish painting, basic carpentry, tiling along with a variety of miscellaneous duties that focus on building cosmetics and maintenance.
- Candidate will also need to learn and understand blueprints.
- Awareness of OSHA safety requirements and Personal Protective Equipment knowledge.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirements and regulations.
- Ability to recognize and coordinate with necessary Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- The ability to understand specific directions, communicates effectively with hospital personnel and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The position also requires the ability to operate in a team environment and independently, be flexible with time and hours, and have the ability to work outside of standard business hours.
- Must also have the ability to effectively communicate with management and utilize basic Microsoft Office suite skills to manage workload.
- Physical Conditions:
- This position is classified as Medium Work in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, requiring the exertion of 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Performs all work in a safe manner. Must also learn when, where, and how to properly wear and maintain personal protective equipment. In addition, performs safely in regard to exposure to the following environments: Loud noises; working from ladders, scaffolds, rooftops, and man lifts; exposure to potentially unsanitary conditions; exposure to cleaning chemicals; exposure to heat; exposure to cold conditions; ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 90 lbs; ability to operate motor vehicles, snow removal equipment, etc.; follow all safety standards, policies and procedures; and must also comply with OSHA, Safety and Environmental regulations.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application