OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the patient. As the area’s largest, most comprehensive provider of orthopaedics, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care in our clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. OrthoNebraska services include physical therapy, inpatient & outpatient surgery, rheumatology, non-operative pain management, emergency medicine, and imaging. Our team delivers a certain magic through a focus on an unmatched patient, provider and employee experience with a focus on high quality, cost effective care.
OrthoNebraska is currently seeking a Patient Access Representative to join our team! This position assists our patients with check-in processes, medical record documentation, and insurance verification. This Patient Access Representative will provide coverage for our OrthoNebraska Clinic located in Norfolk, NE. This position is defined as Casual/PRN within our Access team and is a great way to pick up extra hours! If you think this may be a fit for you, apply today!
What you will do in this role:
- Provide exceptional customer service through face to face and phone interactions
- Accurately and efficiently register patients and verify insurance eligibility in a timely manner
- Collect time of service and account balance payments from patients in a professional manner
- Direct patients and guests to appropriate setting
- Aid with internal and external incoming calls, and transfer to the appropriate departments
- Utilize interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers in the daily performance of duties
- Regularly attend and actively participate in meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for patient rights
What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
- Understanding of medical software, such as Cerner or Intergy, strongly preferred.
- Customer service and computer experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Understanding the revenue cycle including insurance payers, billing, and collections is beneficial.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments while meeting our customer’s demands and deadlines.
- Participation by all members to support the team environment.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application