OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the orthopaedic patient. As the area’s leading provider of orthopaedics, we committed to provide exceptional patient care with 24 beds, 12 operating rooms and clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. OrthoNebraska offers comprehensive care that includes both surgical and non-surgical intervention and is supported by a range of sub-specialized providers. OrthoNebraska specializes in the diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative needs of persons with musculoskeletal conditions. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and focused on high quality, cost effective care. Our staff is chosen for their experience and passion for outstanding patient care.
What you will do in this role:
- Provide exceptional customer service through face to face and phone interactions
- Accurately and efficiently register patients and verify insurance eligibility in a timely manner
- Collect time of service and account balance payments from patients in a professional manner
- Direct patients and guests to appropriate setting
- Aid with internal and external incoming calls, and transfer to the appropriate departments
- Utilize interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers in the daily performance of duties
- Regularly attend and actively participate in meetings
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect for patient rights
What makes an ideal candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
- Understanding of medical software, such as Cerner or Intergy, strongly preferred.
- Customer service and computer experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Understanding the revenue cycle including insurance payers, billing, and collections is beneficial.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments while meeting our customer’s demands and deadlines.
- Participation by all members to support the team environment.
Thank you for your interest in our company! Due to the number of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application