OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the orthopaedic patient. As the area’s leading provider of orthopaedics, we committed to provide exceptional patient care with 24 beds, 12 operating rooms and clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. OrthoNebraska offers comprehensive care that includes both surgical and non-surgical intervention and is supported by a range of sub-specialized providers. OrthoNebraska specializes in the diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative needs of persons with musculoskeletal conditions. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and focused on high quality, cost effective care. Our staff is chosen for their experience and passion for outstanding patient care.
OrthoNebraska is searching for a CNA to join our Inpatient Department. Our CNAs support and provide expectational, personalized care to our orthopaedic patients during the journey to recovery. We take pride in the level of care our CNA provides and with low CNAto patient ratios 6:1; we make customer service a focus too. We offer benefits, PTO, and 401k eligible.
What you would do in this role:
- Administer care to patients under the supervision of the registered nurse.
- Transport patient throughout the various areas utilizing proper transfer mode.
- Demonstrate utilization of knowledge and skills related to meeting age-specific needs of the patient population.
- Function as a team member by demonstrating initiative and flexibility in completion of workload to provide high quality, efficient patient care.
- Support and assist with orientation of new personnel as assigned.
- Support hospital goals, policies and procedures and team decisions.
- Demonstrate respect for patient rights and ensure confidentiality.
- Communicate patient care issues appropriately and participate in their resolution.
- Preform clerical and support tasks and patient registration activities to ensure efficient workflow in the unit.
- Utilize appropriate systems to ensure all equipment in need of repair is tagged, repaired and returned.
- Maintain patient medical records by following correct procedures to ensure accurate and timely availability of patient information.
- Perform charge entry, cost containment and supply inventory tasks to ensure successful operation of the unit.
- Order and restock designated supplies.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures, regulatory requirements such as OSHA and The Joint Commission.
- Participate in hospital wide safety activities.
What makes a great candidate:
- High School Education or equivalent required.
- Approved Certified Nurse Assistant Course.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 60 days of hire.
- 1 - 2 years of prior Nurse Assistant experience preferred.
- Previous one year customer service work required in a health care setting.
- Ability to work from detailed verbal or written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively to solve problems in routine situations.
- Must have patience, self-confidence, maturity, compassion and always remain a team player