OrthoNebraska is focused and dedicated to the complete care and treatment of the orthopaedic patient. As the area’s leading provider of orthopaedics, we committed to provide exceptional patient care with 24 beds, 12 operating rooms and clinic locations across Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri. OrthoNebraska offers comprehensive care that includes both surgical and non-surgical intervention and is supported by a range of sub-specialized providers. OrthoNebraska specializes in the diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative needs of persons with musculoskeletal conditions. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and focused on high quality, cost effective care. Our staff is chosen for their experience and passion for outstanding patient care.
Sr. Systems Engineer’s role at OrthoNebraska:
The Sr. Systems Engineer recommends, configures, installs, monitors, and supports the server hardware/software, underlying storage systems and related system components. Assists with ensuring high availability of all IT systems in a surgical environment. Configuring new implementations and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the system environment. Assists in overseeing the information security, integrity, and safety of the data center. Diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provides user training and support where required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring data backups
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in a secure manner
- Maintain a high level of information security and awareness through ongoing education
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Primary point of contact for server systems. Requires a high level of availability
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Complete restores as necessary
- Provide advanced support per request from multiple departments, investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Manage system related projects as needed.
- Ensure operational availability of key servers and systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Participate in regularly scheduled, after hours maintenance cycle
- Must be able to provide on-call support 24x7.
- Stay current with system technology and architecture plans.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures for compliance, data security and disaster recovery.
- Support various compliance audits.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned.
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relatable field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a systems administrator role.
- Microsoft certification preferred
- VMWare certification preferred
- Storage certification or education preferred
- Experience with the following platforms is strongly preferred:
- Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Windows/SQL, MDM, EMC storage arrays/SAN, VMWare/ UCS, ADFS, Exchange/O365 / Citrix XenApp/ Hyper-converged virtual infrastructure
- Experience with backup/restores and disaster recovery and business continuity principles
- PowerShell scripting experience preferred.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Strong organizational, fact-finding skills and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to be proactive in the training and mentoring of other staff members.
- High ability to troubleshoot application and end user incidents or problems.
- Ability to work in team setting and ability to work independently and manage tasks appropriately.
- Organized and able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess excellent communication skills, a positive work attitude and willingness to learn and grow in the position.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Display a high level of confidentiality and professionalism when working with various personalities and in a team setting.