The Full Stack Rails Developer is responsible for the maintenance and development of new software in a client/server environment for the operations staff of Orion. This position will utilize the system development life cycle to ensure delivery of concise, well tested, well thought out, and usable projects completed in a timely manner.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Oversees application code base for internal computer vision and PDF document reading product.
- Implements algorithm improvements on Ruby routines that extract data out of dynamically populated PDF documents.
- Modernizes and consolidates frontend JS framework for maintainability and performance.
- Ensures expectations are managed around delivery methods and timelines through effective communication in agile process meetings with business stakeholders and product managers.
- Ensures product vision is brought to reality through writing code in the enterprise software environment that integrates with enterprise architecture and code authoring styles.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys applications by writing new code and improving existing code ensuring applications work properly.
- Provides support for design, development and implementation of application development projects.
- Troubleshoots and debugs system inefficiencies.
- Assists in maintaining databases accuracy and stability.
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues with various sites or programming code and fix any resulting problems.
- Secures applications against hacking vulnerabilities.
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge in all applicable programming languages and database formats.
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- Strong understanding of Rails and the Ruby language.
- Strong understanding of Rails rspec testing framework.
- Strong understanding of jQuery or similar JS framework (Angular, ReactJS).
- Experience working public Cloud environments (Azure/AWS).
- Experience with code refactoring, deep algorithm improvements
- Knowledge of PC architecture and operations, operating systems, networking database management and development, as well as high level of programming knowledge.
- Knowledge of the various stages of the software development life cycle, definition of solution architecture, detailed design, solution development, testing and deployment.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information System Analysis required.
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Experience Needed to Perform the Job
- Prior experience with Rails and the Ruby language required.
- Prior experience with Entity Framework, C#, Restful APIs, Web Services, and SQL Server in an application development role preferred.
Orion offers day one benefits, various time off options including PTO, PAWternity, paid parental leave and sabbatical time, tuition reimbursement, continued flexibility to work from home and more!
As One-Orion, we provide ourselves in sustaining a working environment that is inclusive and considers the full range of human diversity. Our team’s growth-focused mindset, fearless innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit depends heavily on the collaboration of team members with varied perspectives and experiences.
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC