Hey, have you heard Orion is growing and your skills may fit our organization, even if you do not match this position 100%. We welcome creativity, passion and growth minded individuals to move the needle forward!
As part of a product-driven organization, you'll play a big part in a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product—from inception to post-launch reflection. You will champion the design of delightful experiences that make it as simple as possible for thousands of users to adopt, use, and benefit from the Orion platform—helping us achieve our mission of enabling fiduciary advisors operationalize their vision for success.
The Orion Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and feedback into a user-centered design process. Aside from becoming a member of the Product Design Team, you'll be a part of a Product Squad, where you'll work alongside Product Managers, Product Owners, and Developers to deliver solutions based on a specific area of focus.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions.
- Have a deep understanding of typography, color, grid, and composition in pixel-perfect production mocks and prototypes.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Developers, and other stakeholders to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Help lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Perform research with users of the Orion platform, which can include clients, staff, and more.
- Synthesize your research findings to develop user workflows, information architecture, and prototypes.
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy of the Orion Platform, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens.
- Work with the design team on developing and stewarding the long-term UX strategy for our internal tools to make design a natural part in the way we build products with the developer teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years relevant design experience, ideally at a high tech, product-driven organization
- Experienced designing digital apps and systems; you have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Comfortable determining the appropriate design medium—whether that be a whiteboard drawing, a Figma design, or an HTML/CSS prototype
- Experienced in an agile environment, working with engineers and product managers to make great experiences as a team and quickly ship ideas
- Dedicated to solving problems of all sizes, for all kinds of users. You have experience validating your designs through user feedback.
- Focused on the impact of your work. You're experienced in tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its effectiveness.
- Aware of the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- An interest in fin-tech or investment products is a plus.
Orion offers day one benefits, various time off options including PTO, PAWternity, paid parental leave and sabbatical time, tuition reimbursement, continued flexibility to work from home and more!
As One-Orion, we provide ourselves in sustaining a working environment that is inclusive and considers the full range of human diversity. Our team’s growth-focused mindset, fearless innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit depends heavily on the collaboration of team members with varied perspectives and experiences.
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC