Looking to have that special person that is hungry to learn, entrepreneurial, and client obsessed! We are looking for a January start!
As part of a product-driven organization, you'll play a big part in a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product—from inception to post-launch reflection. You will play a part in championing the design of delightful experiences that make it as simple as possible for thousands of users to adopt, use, and benefit from the Orion platform—helping us achieve our mission of enabling fiduciary advisors operationalize their vision for success.
The Orion Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and feedback into a user-centered design process. Aside from becoming a member of the Product Design Team, you'll interact with a number of our Product Squads, where you'll work alongside Product Managers, Product Owners, and Developers to deliver delightful user experiences to our clients.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly to validate product directions
- Contribute, test, and maintain design system components
- Routinely pair design with Product Designers and assist on design projects when needed
- Recruit and coordinate candidates for product research and usability testing
- Maintain and strategize user research database and platform analytics
- Perform research with users of the Orion platform, which can include clients, staff, and more
- Synthesize your research findings to develop personas, user workflows, and prototypes
- Define user problems through research findings and analysis to determine the appropriate course of action for product and feature development
- Participate in weekly design critiques to share and present on current designs and provide feedback on other designs
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- Understanding of typography, color, grid, and composition in pixel-perfect production mocks and prototypes.
- Comfortable determining the appropriate design medium—whether that be a whiteboard drawing, Figma design, or an HTML/CSS prototype.
- Dedicated to defining and solving problems of all sizes, for all kinds of users. You have experience validating your designs through user feedback.
- Focused on the impact of your work. You're focused on tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its effectiveness.
- Aware of the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- Strong writing skills, specifically writing effective and concise microcopy within user interfaces.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- Currently pursing B.S. or M.S. in Design related field (UX, UI, HCI)*
Experience Needed to Perform the Job
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc) is a bonus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some experience with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A design portfolio demonstrating design work is required.
As One-Orion, we provide ourselves in sustaining a working environment that is inclusive and considers the full range of human diversity. Our team’s growth-focused mindset, fearless innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit depends heavily on the collaboration of team members with varied perspectives and experiences.
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC