Do you want to be part of a QA transformation? Orion is building out our QA discipline and adding all levels of QA to our organization.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be a part of Agile QA testing groups who is responsible for following Orion QA processes and ensure the quality of the product solution using the best QA practices. In this role, you will design test scenarios and test cases under supervision, collaborate with developers, product managers and client service professionals to delivery software product solution to our clients.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Work as part of a team of experienced QA engineers testing multiple software releases
- With direction and supervision, develop test scenarios and test cases and performance testing of functional & Non-functional requirements according defined plan in support of new & existing feature development from user stories and collaboration with the Scrum Team
- Conduct multiple layers of the product testing, component and system integrationtest via APIs, UX, Database's, and 3rd party systems with automated test as well as manual test to ensure code is functioning as defined
- Clearly and accurately report any bugs, including detailed reproduction steps. Assist with debugging to isolate cause of bugs and verify bug resolution and track issues to closure
- Evaluate the application and test cases to be automated. Work with team to write automation test scripts and create a library of automated tests to maximize test coverage
- Effectively represent the QA team and develop relationships across multiple internal departments; Contributes to customer satisfaction through quality delivery.
- Collaborate with application developers, business owners, and operations to ensure the accuracy of production designs and implementations.
- Be able to work effectively in a team setting – take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships onsite as well as remote
- Provides input to post-mortem process that occurs after issues have surfaced as a result of work that has passed through the team and into the production environment
- Combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- BS degree required, preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent.
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Experience Needed to Perform the Job
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software testing.
- Experience in Financial Industry (with Wealth Management is preferred)
- Experience with build tools and build pipelines including Continuous Development (CD)/Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Testing (CT) as well as relevant technologies: Azure DevOps and Git, NPM, Postman, Newman, and other testing tools
- Experience in the area of cloud-based testing and building testing environments is a plus
Benefits Day 1, Family Paternity, Pawternity plus fun employee perks!
Orion offers day one benefits, various time off options including PTO, PAWternity, paid parental leave and sabbatical time, tuition reimbursement, continued flexibility to work from home and more!
As One-Orion, we provide ourselves in sustaining a working environment that is inclusive and considers the full range of human diversity. Our team’s growth-focused mindset, fearless innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit depends heavily on the collaboration of team members with varied perspectives and experiences.
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC