Orion is growing and adding new staff to our teams! Looking for new DevOps positions? If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, think of change as an opportunity and enjoy working in a team environment we want to chat with you!
The Cloud Platform Engineer helps to ensure the health, efficacy, and growth of our cloud platform. This role also focuses on balancing organizational and customer needs with cost-effective, cloud-based solutions as well as ensuring all cloud solutions are secure by default.
The Cloud Platform Engineer creates and publishes standards and guidance, enabling other IT teams to deliver cloud-based solutions more efficiently and effectively. This role also provides support for deployed application infrastructure, monitoring cloud performance and keeping the cloud infrastructure updated.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Utilizes industry best practices to design and implement cloud solutions with architectures that are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, and auditable.
- Ensures cloud optimization is being followed with a focus on balancing costs with business priorities.
- Provides systems support as needed.
- Identifies and remedies single points of failure and security risks.
- Recommends, implements, and manages security controls for AWS.
- Works side by side with our architects, developers, and DevOps team to ensure solutions are secure, scalable, and reliable through architectural design reviews and consultation.
- Maintains high availability through fault tolerance, system standardization, and vigilant disaster recovery planning.
- Creates and maintains platform standards, guidance, and other documentation.
- Plans and executes infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, and migrations across all environments in a way that avoids service interruptions.
- Proactively keeps up to date on AWS services and developments.
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- AWS Cloud subject matter expert.
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of AWS VPC, EC2, and AWS data services.
- Experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems with an emphasis on automation.
- Ability to deliver cloud-based infrastructure utilizing infrastructure as code (IaC) with tools such as Pulumi and Python.
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as CI/CD.
- Experience in agile software development methodology.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective written, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Orion offers some pretty rock star benefits, including Day ONE Benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Sabbatical Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexibility including WFH, Access to Financial Planing Technology and Identity Theft Protection!
Want to be part of a great team? Apply now to learn more!
Orion Advisor Solutions LLC